Spotlight On Writers - Anoucheka Gangabissoon at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Anoucheka Gangabissoon

Spotlight On Writers

Anoucheka Gangabissoon

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?
I am from the beautiful tropical island of Mauritius, found in the Indian Ocean.
  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

I love two things about my island.  The first is the peace that allows people of different creeds to follow their chosen faith in a good spirit of tolerance and acceptance.  It is a blessing to walk on streets and to see different types of places of worship built side by side.  The second is the sight of angry waves crashing upon cliffs.  I can sit and watch them for hours.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

The need to be immortal in an ephemeral world.  I write because I feel I need to express myself, but, it is my romantic dream to be talked about in literature classes for eons to be, after I shall have left this world.  I write of anything that moves me deeply, be it at a personal or social level.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

Dream

I walk my path as would a seeker blindly following the tunes I keep hearing in my dreams, pulling me upon paths that I used to avoid, too scared of tripping and falling only to fall with my destination in the end.

  1. What is your pet peeve?

Lack of respect for what makes each of us what we are.  My favorite motto is live and let live.  If I choose a path that the rest of the world do not, I am to be respected for such.  I hate it when I get thrown with sarcastic criticisms merely for being me.

  1. What defines Anoucheka Gangabissoon?

I like to keep my feet on the ground and remain humble.  I may have achieved a lot for a young poet/author but, in the end, I remain a very simple woman who likes to dwell upon the mystical, the spiritual and the magical essence of life.  And I also like to be simple and to live for myself, without needing to please others first.

Latest posts by Anoucheka Gangabissoon (see all)
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Joshua CorwinSpotlight On Writers – Michael J Leach >>
This publication is part 240 of 392 in the series Spotlight On Writers