Spotlight On Writers - David Wagoner, an interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – David Wagoner

Spotlight On Writers

David Wagoner

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?

I was born in Derby, KS, a suburb of Wichita, where my Dad was an engineer with Boeing, but I have lived in a number of states.

  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

I live in New Mexico, up in the mountains; I love the views.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

I have a sense of wonder about the world and our solar system.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

Perigee

Love in perigee, gravitational attraction, the tide is coming in on the sea, locked in your orbit.

  1. What is your pet peeve?

That many people can not imagine that mathematics and poetry can go together. Many famous poets have also been mathematicians, Omar Khayyam for one.

  1. What defines David Wagoner?

I think my sense of wonder and my imagination are tempered by a project oriented approach. I have a degree in Computer Science and spent many years training programmers, CAD draftsmen, and machinists to do highly technical work and leading teams in this work. My work often went into orbit. I try to write with the same attitude of can do and wonder that went into my career.

Latest posts by David Wagoner (see all)
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – H.M. GautschSpotlight On Writers – Gabriela M >>
This publication is part 145 of 392 in the series Spotlight On Writers