Spotlight On Writers - Rob Clark, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Rob Clark

Spotlight On Writers

Rob Clark

@HangryPoet197

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?
Basically born and raised along the Gulf Coast, but the murky waters of the Louisiana swamps are where my roots are their deepest. I have lived in Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, and Texas, too. I’ve spent most of my life here in the deep south along the I-20 and I-10 corridors making memories and chasing ghosts. I’m grateful for every bit of it. Even the pain and struggles are beautiful memories. Where there’s rain, things bloom.
  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

Today is Fat Tuesday, aka Mardi Gras. I guarantee that on any given weekend through the year, that there is a festival popping off somewhere in the state. The town I live in is called Rayne, and we’re known as The Frog Capital of the World and have our annual Frog Festival. The bullfrogs are huge here and in the 1800s, we were the leading exporter of frog legs to France. We’re also known as the City of Murals.
But, to answer your question, it’s the people and spirit here. The culture and the cuisine.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

Many things. There is music. There are my Muses. There’s also a handful of really great writers on Twitter. Especially the ones in a chat/writing group that I’m part of. The genre is erotica….Hence, the Eroticians. But, let’s keep that between us because we’re also a secret society.

I had this story idea about perpetual inspiration. There’s this poet that writes erotic poetry that gets this particular woman he is fond of excited. Seeing her excited puts him in his zone to write some fire poetry. As the poetry gets better, she gets even more hot and bothered, which in turn makes the Poetry get even better. I might even be able to go Scifi with the story and utilize the perpetuating energy between them as fuel to transverse interstellar space.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

I apologize, but I can’t just pick one, so if it’s all right instead I would like to offer a few new ones which I have submitted to a dictionary or two. A friend of mine was very upset with me when I told him about this. Blasphemous, he insisted.

Yesterhurt – a painful memory

Cinderbliss – exactly what it sounds like

Meanderyear – a period in your life when you had no ambition and/or direction

Skinscape – the voluptuous curves of a woman silhouetted in ambient light

  1. What is your pet peeve?

Emotional manipulation.
Someone who holds another prisoner to guilt and is the beater of dead horses.
Also, cosmetic companies that use advertisements as propaganda to make women feel insecure so they can push their products.
Finally, the way that music is commercialized to make money more than it is to uplift the masses. We connect with it like nothing else on this planet. Some of the classical Indian music wasn’t for entertainment. Some of it was used as a tool to access other dimensions. To possibly perceive what isn’t physical in nature.

  1. What defines Rob Clark?

This question had me digging for an answer for two days. To be honest with you I don’t think I can answer that. I think that only people who know me can answer that. It really got me thinking what defines me if I’m not defined by somebody else. Because it’s like what we see in the mirror is a distortion. Who we become to go fit into other people’s schemes. You know to go do commerce, or to go work, go to school, or whatever the case is that we’re we are assuming a certain identity to keep it civilized.
I’d rather not define myself. Because I think in a sense that word means to say what distinguishes me from other people. Not a whole lot. Everybody and everything is connected a way we can’t even conceptualize with our human mind. And I’d rather not pigeonhole myself into a definition because then I’m limited to being what that definition is. I’d like to think I’m limitless, with endless possibilities.

Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Leila ZiariSpotlight On Writers – Diana Burns >>
Latest posts by Rob Clark (see all)
This publication is part 340 of 392 in the series Spotlight On Writers