Spotlight On Writers - Leila Ziari, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Leila Ziari

Spotlight On Writers

Leila Ziari

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?
I hail from Rhode Island, but have lived all around the US since 18—most of my adulthood has been spent in California, but I have recently immigrated to France.
  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

Right now I call “home” a village called Cassis in the South of France. I don’t know home is a sentiment that comes within, it’s less about the place and more about the experience. I love to move around, see the world. No one place could ever really be home for me other than inside of me.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

I’m turned on creatively by just about anything that moves my spirit. Be it a bird, a trip, a conversation. Anything with depth that moves me—newness, culture, heartbreak, love, nature. Anything raw, real and authentic that triggers emotion.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

I have no favorite words. The entire world is a spectrum for poetic sentiments to unravel the exterior and enliven the soul within. Move me, stir me, cause an eruption of life force within, that is the value—any word or phrase can cause that commotion depending on the context. It’s all abstract poetry in an inverted reality meant for the living.

  1. What is your pet peeve?

My pet peeve is inauthenticity, disrespect and an unwillingness to admit none of us know a thing—we’re all learning perpetually.

  1. What defines Leila Ziari?

We are all stardust in human form. I represent every facet of existence—it depends on the circumstance, the moment or the phase in my life. I can be defined in a moment by my company, my experience or whatever is present in my reality but that is constantly evolving and changing. I belong to nothing and am one with everything.

Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – David EstringelSpotlight On Writers – Rob Clark >>
Latest posts by Leila Ziari (see all)
This publication is part 339 of 392 in the series Spotlight On Writers