2. Come out of isolation
3. Visit my adult children
4. Kiss and hug my grandchildren (or hug anybody for that matter)
5. Celebrate family events together
6. Wake up and not have the virus as my first thought
7. Go to sleep and not have the virus as my last thought
8. Go to the mall, or the park or any other public event
9. Delete the Zoom app from my computer
10. Feel normal again and never, ever take that for granted
Teaneck, NJ USA
NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR:
We have been very hard hit in my little town in New Jersey, many have died, and the only thing that keeps us going is thoughts of better days.
Peggy Gerber is a poet and short story writer from Northern, New Jersey. She is the 2021 winner of the Open Contract Challenge and author of the poetry chapbook Stumbling in CrazyTown. Her works can be found in many publications including Better than Starbucks, Daily Science Fiction and The World of Myth Magazine.