2. Come out of isolation
3. Visit my adult children
4. Kiss and hug my grandchildren (or hug anybody for that matter)
5. Celebrate family events together
6. Wake up and not have the virus as my first thought
7. Go to sleep and not have the virus as my last thought
8. Go to the mall, or the park or any other public event
9. Delete the Zoom app from my computer
10. Feel normal again and never, ever take that for granted
Teaneck, NJ USA
NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR:
We have been very hard hit in my little town in New Jersey, many have died, and the only thing that keeps us going is thoughts of better days.
Peggy Gerber began her writing career in order to fill the void created when she became an empty nester. She is currently a poet and short story writer, and co-creator of Champagne Writers, a group for writers of a certain age. She has been published previously on Spillwords, as well as Potato Soup Journal, 101words, Daily Science Fiction, Friday Flash Fiction and others.