Self Reflection, poetry written by Jamie Leigh Jones at Spillwords.com

Self Reflection

Self Reflection

written by: Jamie Leigh Jones

 

Billowing the darkest smoke from the depths of her lungs she screamed out in horror as the agony of the fire inside of her raged out of control.
Charring the lining and beyond what once was a beautiful shade of pink was now Black like the despair and loneliness that she learned to lay with long ago.
Screaming but silent was a whole level deeper than most people could bare to understand or imagine.
Friends with her misery she began to only feel at home if she felt that lonesome sting of the fire.
A Red, glowing kind of fire outlined in forbidden Rubys of beauty that shined in the most underhanded and devious way.
The way of hope and beauty; everything that she’d always yearned for but could never see or find within herself.
Even when she had stumbled upon this beautiful part of her being in the past or even now finding a way to embrace it fell through her grasp.
Only seeing the darkness and pain that lived deep within her withered frame she always looked over the treasure.
The treasure that once was the brightest part of her that stood out even to her own eyes.
Now only sometimes does she see a small glimmer of the treasure she used to be and she envies that memory with fierceness.
She doesn’t even know that it still exists and that her own hidden treasure is what makes her soul continue to be so rich.
Brilliant beauty that’s hidden so deep that even she get’s lost searching for her self worth.

Latest posts by Jamie Leigh Jones (see all)