Spotlight On Writers - Caroline Gauld, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Caroline Gauld

Spotlight On Writers

Caroline Gauld

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?

Firstly, thank you for choosing to put the spotlight on me, though I do feel like the proverbial rabbit in the headlights. This poetry malarky is relatively new to me and I am delighted that my words are being enjoyed.

I hail from the West Coast of Scotland in the county of Argyll. A picturesque part of the world which is steeped in history, high rugged mountains, and deep lochs. That sounds like an advert for a Visit Scotland brochure but it’s all true.

  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

It is my sanctuary. It’s where my family are, and where my memories are made.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

My surroundings, nature, emotions, life, loss, and love and of course presently COVID-19.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

Scottish words like bairn, braes, and banter. Wandering is a good word – physical and mental.

Rounded bellies of ewes in lamb
wandering pheasants that avoided the guns

  1. What is your pet peeve?

Bad manners, bullying, and bullshit. Life is short. Live and let live.

  1. What defines Caroline Gauld?

I cannot say exactly what defines me. It’s variable and very subtle. I have no label. Like the Scottish weather, I am everchanging.

Latest posts by Caroline Gauld (see all)
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Józefa Ślusarczyk-LatosSpotlight On Writers – Phyllis Souza >>
This publication is part 205 of 392 in the series Spotlight On Writers