Spotlight On Writers - Michelle Ayon Navajas, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Michelle Ayon Navajas

Spotlight On Writers

Michelle Ayon Navajas

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?

 I am from the Philippines. I was surrounded by mountains and a lot of nature growing up. Frequent trips to the beach were a big part of my childhood.

  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

Everything is very laidback, and I think that’s the best part about it. The one-day-at-a-time atmosphere with no one in a rush. You get to really take things at your own pace, which I think is important especially now we’re in such a fast-changing world.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

Everything I write is always inspired by the people around me. Sometimes someone I know would do or say something interesting and I would have to write about it. Or I would be having coffee at a café and I would overhear people’s conversations and get inspiration from there.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

Love. I don’t think poets will ever get tired of that word, because as humans, we’ll never get tired of exploring that emotion. I’m working on a book collection of poetry where one of my works goes:

I love you gently
as snowflakes trickle to
the ground
twirling and spinning
as I find my way
unto your heart

  1. What is your pet peeve?

People who complain a lot really make me frustrated. Especially when I see they aren’t even trying much, or even at all, to help themselves or to improve the situation.

  1. What defines Michelle Ayon Navajas?

My life has really been shaped by my identity as a mother. I would do anything for my children. A lot of my works have them as my inspiration in mind.

Latest posts by Michelle Ayon Navajas (see all)
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Doug HawleySpotlight On Writers – GS Subbu >>
This publication is part 219 of 398 in the series Spotlight On Writers