Spotlight On Writers
- Where, do you hail from?
- What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?
That it’s a free country, and also manages to be relatively peaceful, (at least compared to much of the world today).
- What turns you on creatively?
It can be a bit hard to pin down, but some of my go-tos are music, dance, and random chance.
- What is your process when creating art for your series on Spillwords?
Every day I browse through my friends’ Facebook statuses for particularly interesting phrases of 5 or 7 syllables, then at the end of the day I assemble a haiku from some combinations of my findings. Some of them make good material for funny or interesting illustrations, which is how the haiku cartoons came about.
- How did you come about writing Found Poetry Haiku’s?
It was my Mom who originally started creating haikus from her Facebook friends’ statuses, and she was very encouraging of me making my own. Then, a little while back she started at a new job, which didn’t leave much time for haiku composing, so she asked me to be the writer of Facebook haikus in her stead. 🙂
- What are you more passionate about: Art or Poetry? Why?
I have to say I’m more passionate about visual art. Drawing has been my favourite thing to do for as long as I can remember, and is probably the thing I do best. I can lose hours on drawing and hardly notice.
- What defines Robyn MacKinnon?
Artistic introverted over-thinker. 😛
Latest posts by Robyn MacKinnon (see all)
- Porch Dancing - March 26, 2023
- Imposter Syndrome - March 19, 2023
- Pancake Day - March 5, 2023