Spotlight On Writers - Tim Law, interview at Spillwords.com

Spotlight On Writers – Tim Law

Spotlight On Writers

Tim Law

 

  1. Where, do you hail from?
I hail from a lovely place called Murray Bridge, approximately an hour from Adelaide, the little known capital of South Australia. Murray Bridge is a Rural City so we have many of the facilities of most cities with half the population. I love the country community vibe; it is the kind of place where you know almost everybody.
  1. What is the greatest thing about the place you call home?

There are so many things I love about Murray Bridge. We have the mighty Murray River flowing past. There is plenty of space and we are so close to wine regions like the Barossa Valley. What I love most of all though is how close I am to family. Family is important to me. They are so inspirational and supportive.

  1. What turns you on creatively?

I write for my family, my inspiration to succeed. The stories themselves I write for me. I love being the first audience to discover who these new characters are. It could spawn from a picture on a poster or a lyric in a song. When those characters appear I can think of nothing else until their story is told.

  1. What is your favorite word, and can you use it in a poetic sentence?

I have been a fan of the word antidisestablishmentarianism for many a year for both its length and meaning. Since discovering my dream job fifteen years ago my favorite word would have to be bibliophile, this is the Librarian me, a lover of books but also their carer.

The simple book does make me smile, guilty as charged a bibliophile.

  1. What is your pet peeve?

I am embarrassed to admit it but I cringe inwardly whenever I hear someone end a word with ink instead of ing. Somethink and everythink just makes my heart sink. I have become much better at ignoring it when it happens, nodding, smiling and moving on.

  1. What defines Tim Law?

I like my quite time, time for reading, writing and enjoying the company of the people I love. I like to think I am supportive and a great listener (my wife would debate that though). I hope that I am a good friend to all those I cross paths with and a great companion to those I am close to.

Latest posts by Tim Law (see all)
Series Navigation<< Spotlight On Writers – Joni CaggianoSpotlight On Writers – Jake Cosmos Aller >>
This publication is part 250 of 396 in the series Spotlight On Writers